November 3, 2013

オタク (O ta ku)!

I've been a manga freak ever since I was seven (if not mistaken) and I will always be! I don't get people who don't like because it's so fun that you can't explain how fun is that in words. I really like the sensation of getting carried away with the story (especially if they have good arts, that's a plus indeed. Wait—I don't read mangas with bad arts). And when it comes to the end you will feel like, oh, great. Now I have to come back to the reality. Just the same feeling you get when you read novels. Yep, books always give you an abstract pleasure, dont they?
Due to economical reason (which means I can't tolerate the mark-up of comics) I utilize the online manga readers. Beside.. the comics sold in bookstores are poorly translated to bahasa. The sweet lines which were meant to sound romantic.. once they're translated into bahasa, will turn to be disgusting hahaha (Not like I disregard my mother tongue, but.. well.)
I'd like to mention you some I've read—please do not see this as a pro critics or else, based on my own preference only. :)

Beauty Pop | 4.3 of 5



Funny and sweet! Mainly about hairstyling and stuffs, and I LOVE KIRI! Kiri is the main female character—aloof, doesn't care about her circumstances but on the sly is excellent in cutting hair. Narumi; a hot-blooded guy who's obssesed to be #1 Beautician in Japan. You could've guessed! In the end both of them will get married 









Faster than a Kiss | 4.5 of 5



I really love this one. Funny, sweet, good story, great arts :) Fumino and her litte bro are orphaned, and unluckily they have no relations; means they no longer have dwelling place. When they're about to leave the town, her sensei named Ojiro chases her, telling that she doesn't have to go because he will be responsible for her—and her brother's needs. He's even willing to marry her haha. You have to read this one!








Mint Na Bokura | 4.0 of 5


Almost all of Wataru Yoshizumi's works are great, and this one's my favorite. About the different-gender-twins who are so close to each other. When the female one leaves the house to go to the boarding school, the male tries to follow her by disguising as a girl 





AAA | 3.8 of 5


It's good but only about 15 chapters :( about a student council's chairman of an excellent high school who finds out that her first love is a bad boy from poor school (in the beginning she's not sure if that boy is really her first love)





Dear Mine | 4.0 of 5



The story is soft and cute. A high school girl who's forced (I'm not sure it's forced since the girl doesn't seem to refuse?) to be engaged to a 10-year old boy who's even more mature than her and really smart. The boy is really cute

It gives a new taste because the boy is way younger 








Hibi Chouchou | 3.6 of 5



I basically like the story but it's lack of conflicts and since it's about a super-shy-yet-so beautiful-girl and also a shy boy who's not used to talking romatically to girls...... both of them are mostly not saying a thing and I'm so annoyed!!! Like where's the sweet scenes? where's the line a guy should tell to the girl he likes? where? where? where?@#!%^*

Well. but the art is good, so.. haha.






Strobe Edge & Ao Haru Ride | 3.9 of 5

Both are made by Sakisaka Io and both have good arts, too. But somehow those do not satisfy me o.O no specific reason.. haha they're worth reading nevertheless. :) Sakisaka is a genius when it comes to drawing males!! >.<








Dengeki Daisy | 4.5 of 5 

This. is. really. funny!!!!!!!!!!! And also sweet :) The girl is so funny and the guy is hot-blooded. Too bad the main story is about computers and stuffs. guess that's why it's named Dengeki (Electric)?
But really, you have to give it a shot :) the manga is sooooooo good






Nagatacho Strawberry | 3.9 of 5



Mayu Sakai has a nice artworks (her other works are: Rockin Heaven, Love Berrish) but I guess she's not really good at making stories? so far, this is her best. About a Prime Minister's daughter who's in an affair with a bad guy











Kimi ni Todoke | 3.0 of 5




There's been the drama based on the comic but you know....... it's so boring. Either from the story or the characters. 










Special A | 4.2 of 5

About a girl and a boy who've been rivals since they were kids. I like Kei! (the male main chars). He secretly likes the girl (I forgot the name) yet he really likes mocking her since he always wins over her. at everything!






Love So Life | 4.7 of 5

I really, really, really, love this one! About a high-school girl working part time in children care, and is asked by a young man named Matsunaga (he's a news anchor) to babysit his two nephew and niece (they're twins). I really like Matsunaga since he's so gentle and handsome huahahaha
The twins are also superrrrr cute





Kaichou wa Maid-sama | 4.7 of 5

This one's my favoriteeeeee >-< at the first place I thought the art was bad but I was wrong! This damn guy named Takumi is sooo hot (even thousand times more handsome than in this pic). Takumi has a crush on this president of student council and he loves teasing her; who secretly works part time as a maid :)



Kamisama Hajimemashita! | 4.6 of 5


I love this! Though the story's about kamisama (more like God in Japan) and stuffs. The girl is chosen as the next Kamisama and the current Kamisama has a male servant who doesn't want to acknowledge his new Kamisama. They both are really funny because the servant always gets mad whenever the girl fails while practicing to be a great Kamisama









Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun | 5 of 5

I'm in love with the anime and the manga!!!!!!!!! The girl; Shizuku; was a mark-oriented. She wanted to be successful like her mom who works overboard. She doesn't care about anything but studying (she's called study bug). In the other hand, Haru; used to be her chairmate but never showed up since the beginning of sophomore year. Haru is violent, reckless, but is really pure :( nothing is ever the same once the meet each other! Haru directly tells Shizuku that he likes her hahahaha well you need to read it by yourself :D

I'd like to mention more but it really is a pain to sit for hours and type, so.. you better go to mangaforum and find what suits your taste :)


1 comment:

 
Images by Freepik