July 20, 2012

One Thing to Learn

"Things don't always go as planned, Mr. Angier. That's the beauty of science."
Nikola Tesla (The Prestige, 2006)


Anyone knows about The Prestige? It's a British-American mystery thriller that was adapted from a novel with the same name. I was watching it and suddenly I found an interesting quote. There's a character named Nikola Tesla, (btw Nikola Tesla did exist in the real life. He was an inventor, physicist, mechanical and electrical engineer, and also futurist.) starred by David Bowie. Yes people, David Bowie that musician. He was the one who stated that quote.

And well.. Don't you agree with this quote? I do. I mean, it's true that we can't expect what's going to happen next. For planning things, you may. But making it always come true? You totally can't. You can pray constantly, make wishes, so on.. but if it's not meant to be, it won't happen. 

Anyway. How if things we wish end up don't happen? For me (and I believe for everyone also...) it's the most painful thing. For those who've already read my post about AFS (exchange program I followed) must have known. Btw too bad I've deleted that post lol it hurts. Yes, I've imagined, expected I'd pass the selection test. But it was 'cause I've done my best for the preparation, for sure. But who knew that I..... failed? And yeah that time after I checked there wasn't my name on the list, I was burst into tears.
Just fyi I am a great stalker. I didn't know why, I stalked some people who passed the 1st stage. Knuw what? This just made my heart broken. I mean I didn't see their excitement! I don't know whether they didn't really show it on socnet or they weren't grateful enough. What I know is, if I were one of them, then I'd feel like I was the luckiest person ever. Because I REALLY. WANTED. IT. For God's sake I think I wanted that thing more than anyone else. So it's fair if I cry because I fail, right? Losing something you really want is heartbreaking. It's not an overreaction.

BUT GUYS. I'm trying to refuse my sadness. I really know how it feels if your struggles aren't paid. Yet I still remember that God directs my life. So then I try to understand that AFS isn't my thing :) it was sooooooooo hard in the beginning, but one day I'll be no longer mournful over that! 

Pals, it's funny how sometimes things don't go as planned, but the unplanned ones do and even better. So if something you wished comes true, then be pleased for it. But if it doesn't... chin up. No one knows exactly what God's planning.
Moreover, if things always go according to our plan, life will be so bored, won't it? 

Cheers, Neta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik